WHY THIS PROGRAM?
Simply, because it’s connected with one part of our identity where we consider ourselves as a regional PEACE Network. In 1999. SEEYN member organizations have gathered around the FRESTA program of Danish Ministry of Foraging Affairs. It was just 4 years after war ended and there was a high demand in the region for such a youth network.
PHILOSOPHY BEHIND THIS PROGRAM...
GO – EXPERIENCE – LEARN – REFLECT – ACT!
Mobility programs for peace and reconciliation;
Educational programs for peace and reconciliation;
Research and advocacy initiatives;
Simply purpose of this program is to educate people for peace and reconciliation and give them opportunity
to face prejudices and diversity as well as to reflect on it and become active in societal reconstruction in the region.
SEEYN MAIN ACHIEVEMENTS IN THIS PROGRAM
- 100 volunteers exchanged through 6 month volunteer program
in the SEE region in the period 2005 – 2007 in the frame of RIVER SEE,
regional youth exchange program (SEEYN was one of the implementing partner);
- 1400 young people exchanged
through international work camp scheme;
- Around 70000 volunteer hours delivered
through all over the region through work camp shame;
- 4800 hour of peace and reconciliation education
in the region delivered over 10 years period,
- 260 young peacemakers from all over the region educated
to be active in peace and reconciliation field;
- Research done by SEEYN are available at EDUCATION AND TRAININNG CENTER program or at Network’s documents;
PLANS FOR 2016:
- Regional research Peace and reconciliation in 2016 – current situation and new trends (see the project Divided Past Joint future) – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey,
- TC Peace and Reconciliation – 30 participants from the region,
- Desk research on worldwide reconciliation models and financial mechanisms that supports peace and reconciliation.